Clearing clutter is essential when moving into a smaller living space. Though it can be a challenger, there are a lot of things you think you need but actually don’t.
In today’s post, your local home addition contractor, Trust Company, discusses the principles of living in tiny homes.
1. Buy Less – It’s not always necessary to replace your old stuff with new ones. Freeing yourself from the need to buy things you don’t actually need will pay off in the long run. This will also allow you to control how much stuff enters your home.
2. Start Small – Keep in mind that clearing clutter is a gradual process and doesn’t happen overnight. Begin decluttering stuff that is easier for you to let go. Over time, it will make getting rid of bigger things easier. Choosing one item at a day can help change your mindset about your stuff. At Trust Company, we can help you with projects of all sizes, from remodeling rooms to building outdoor spaces.
3. Disposal Plan – Research your options when it comes to disposing your stuff. You can sell, donate, or even recycle your old stuff. Planning where they will go can make the job easier.
4. Listen to You – You’re the only person who can determine if you really need something or not. Only keep things that you love or use. Don’t let other people tell you which stuff to keep or not.
5. Don’t Hold Back – You will end up with things you don’t really need if you keep thinking that you might need them later. There’s some stuff that may be useful but not necessary in your home.
6. Keep Out of Other’s Possessions – Allow your family members to decide which things they want to keep, even children. Taking away things before someone is prepared to get rid of them can encourage hoarding tendencies.
7. Take Care of Your Stuff – Think of the time you spent so you can earn the money to shop Make the most of your possessions by caring and maintaining them.
Less is more when it comes to living in tiny homes. Think of decluttering as a way of living and not a tedious task. Moreover, you can rely on Trust Company, your local renovation contractor, for improving your living spaces. Call us at (951) 225-3754 or fill in our online form for more information about our services.